Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hello!

And welcome to yet another blog which I am creating in the hope that I might actually keep posting on a regular basis! I'm thinking that I might keep this blog a bit more musically focused and talk more about musical projects, gigs, bands, favourite musicians, cool people I have been hanging out with, and other fun things (Not included: posts about boring stuff).

Anyway to kick things off, today I have been working on making some loops for my friend Amitabh Arthanari. He's a mega talented aspiring hip-hop producer and needs some groovy guitar samples for his beats.

Here is the guitar I've been using:
















It's the first electric guitar I ever bought. It's been around the block a few times and is pretty bashed up, but it makes an awesome sound and is great for doing funky stuff like hip-hop. It also doubles as my sticker album. Yeah. I never really grew out of those.

I'm running it through this mean program called Guitar Rig which gives me a bunch of cool amp and effect models which I can use to change the sound up.



Here is one of the finished guitar loops!


I've also done a funky little keyboard loop, using my trusty Casio digital piano (pretty much a Casiotone, but all grown up and wearing a nice suit):



Here's the keyboard loop! I used a Rhodes electric piano sound.


I'll post up the finished beats for you guys to have a listen to when Amitabh gets done with them!

So what do you think? Would you like me to keep posting these updates? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment